Optimal decision-making regarding maintenance operations does not occur because decisions are based on guestimates, not complete and accurate data. If your maintenance department spends its time fighting fires, struggles to see a clear maintenance picture, or leaves one or more of the following questions unanswered, time and money is hemorrhaging from your company’s bottom line:
- For a given time period, which asset fails/costs the most?
- What is your inventory value?
- How many parts do you have?
- How long does it take to find/request/replenish a part?
- How are equipment spare-parts lists maintained?
- Is each employee fully utilized?
- Purchasing & Receiving:
- Are reorders automatic?
- Have parts been received? If so, where are they?
- How many dollars are spent on overnight deliveries?
- Does scheduling take hours or minutes?
- Have volume discounts been established?
- What percentage of work is reactive vs. planned?
Manual processes waste valuable time when work orders are manually updated, parts are manually received, counted, checked out or returned and meter readings are manually recorded. With today’s technology, NO maintenance department should be left in the dark struggling with pencil and paper transactions.
MVP Plant delivers best-of-breed decision support, enabling any maintenance department to become world-class. Optimal decision-making is the outcome because decisions are based on complete and accurate maintenance data, captured wirelessly via handheld barcode scanners. No question about maintenance is left unanswered.